February 04, 2012

Student Blog by Karli Nelson: Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing...

 
Walking through Weimar, we heard in the distance an old familiar worship song.  We had just passed a music school, so I assumed it was coming from there.  But then as we rounded a corner, there we saw a group of people singing worship songs and handing out “Bibels”- the small Gideon kind-NT, Psalms and Proverbs (no, not the bright orange ones, much to my disappointment…)  At that point they were singing “God is So Good”.  We joined them in singing- we in English, they in German.  Then they handed us the Bibles, and I must admit, I do not think I will find a better souvenir.  To join my foreign brothers and sisters in songs of praise, not knowing exactly what they were saying, and yet— knowing… I could not ask for more.
This trip isn’t just about seeing great sites or getting great pics, learning more history or trying new foods…
There is more.
“After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb…”
-Rev. 7:9


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails