November 03, 2010

Student blog by Kacey Parks: The Colosseum in Rome

Three students spent a part of the first independent reading/travel week in Rome... here is a brief mention of Kacey's impression of the Roman Colosseum:

A picture is worth a thousand words and I would need quadruple that to properly describe that to you about how amazing the collesum was. Honestly it exceeded our expectation, we went inside and walked about and saw the different stories. It is just too incredible to explain honestly the coolest monument I have ever seen! It was so old and the stone and the vastness. The only way I could describe it is if suddenly you were dropped into a time two thousand years ago only to find yourself being able to talk to a living and star and you would stand and marvel at what you saw. (I don't know if the star metahpor works but) that is how I felt just like in awe.

We spent a while there and Kristen and I just sat and watched the sun set and it was glorious. It was just a good time to be had, and I really enjoyed every minute of it. I would go back in an instant.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails